South Carolina Concealed Pistol License Reciprocity Map
Everything about South Carolina, Permits, and Conceal Carrying a Weapon Below.
South Carolina CCW Reciprocity State Info
South Carolina Reciprocity, South Carolina Honors these permits:
RESIDENTIAL PERMITS ONLY
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming
- Idaho - SC only honors the Enhanced permit
- Mississippi - SC only honors the Enhanced permit
- North Dakota - SC only honors the Enhanced permit
- South Dakota - SC only honors the Enhanced permit
- West Virginia - Must be 21 years or older.
South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permits are honored in These States:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
The following states have permitless carry which allows anyone that can legally possess a firearm carry conceal: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont and West Virginia. Some restrictions may apply. Check each state for its own restrictions.
No Permit Carry Needed, With Restrictions
Idaho, North Dakota, and Wyoming Residents are allowed to Concealed Carry without a permit.
South Carolina Conceal Carry Permits not Honored in these states:
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington
South Carolina Conceal Carry Permit Information
You can not apply for a concealed pistol license if you:
- Are notat least 21 years old.
- You have not completed an approved firearms training class.
- Do not reside in South Carolina, or if a resident of another state submit proof you own property in South Carolina.
- You have been convicted of a violent crime that is a felony.
- Do not have actual or corrected vision of 20/40.
- Are a person who, by order of a circuit judge or county court judge of South Carolina, has been adjudged unfit to carry or possess a firearm.
- Federal Law Requirements
Where to Apply for South Carolina Conceal Permit License
Follow these steps to obtain a concealed carry permit;
- Complete your firearm training course if required.
- Download the application form.
- You will need the following documents;
- Photocopy of drivers license or state ID card.
- Real property tax form R168 – for non-resident applicants.
- Application form signed by by you and firearms instructor.
- Two complete fingerprint cards.
- Applicants must include a non-refundable payment of $50.00 (certified check, cashier’s check, or money order) made payable to SLED.
- You must submit a signed copy of the SLED CWP Instructor/Student Checklist with your application
- CWP training courses must have been completed within three years of filing the application.
- Active duty military applicants must submit military orders. Retired or former military applicants must submit a copy of their DD214.
- Mail all this information to;
SLED Data Center,
PO Box 21398,
Columbia, SC 29221-1398
- You will be notified by mail if your application has been approved.
The only way a non-resident can obtain a South Carolina CWP permit is if they own property in the state. You will need to download the property tax form and then have this signed by an Assessor to verify you own the property. Then you can just follow the normal application process for residents.
Holsters Made By HQ Heckler & Koch See Our Safe Reviews VP9SK VP9 P2000 Search by Model VP40 P30 P30SK Other Stuff Heckler & Koch If you want to buy a gun from a company with a distinguished history, and don’t mind the price tag that comes along with that reputation, then a Heckler &…
Holsters Made By HQ SPRINGFIELD See Our Safe Reviews XD 1911 Search by Model XDS More Models Coming Springfield Armory Of all the firearms manufacturers that we discuss, there is none with a more prestigious and storied reputation than Springfield Armory. The company is one of the largest in the world, and the leading…
An in-depth look at Gun Accessories-Ear, Hand, Eye Protection Ready to start shooting? You’ve bought your firearms, gun safe, and cleaning supplies, and you think that the worst is over. You think you’ve purchased everything you need to be a responsible gun owner. Wait for just a second, because you still need some gear that…
Necessary Safety Equipment for Shooting Guns When we talk about gun safety, usually the first thing that comes up is the four rules or 10 commandments of firearm safety which we will talk about a little later. Gun safety starts with implementing the rules but definitely doesn’t end there. I want to continue on the…