Wyoming Concealed Carry Weapon Reciprocity Map
Everything about Wyoming, Permits, and Conceal Carrying a Weapon Below.
Wyoming CCW Reciprocity State Info
Wyoming Reciprocity, Wyoming Honors these permits:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Wyoming Concealed Firearm Permits are honored in These States:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
No Permit Needed States
The following states have permitless carry which allows anyone that can legally possess a firearm carry conceal: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont and West Virginia. Some restrictions may apply. Check each state for its own restrictions.
No Permit Carry Needed, With Restrictions
Idaho, North Dakota, and Wyoming Residents are allowed to Concealed Carry without a permit.
Wyoming Concealed Firearm Permits not Honored in these states:
NOT Honored by These States: California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Washington, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands
Wyoming Concealed Firearm Permit Information
Wyoming CFP Application Fee
-Wyoming (CFP) fee is $64 for new permit RESIDENTS ONLY
-WY CFP renewal fee is $45 before expiration date, $55 after expiration date.
No permits to non-residents.
Residents & Non Residents
Wyoming state will issue conceal firearm permits to RESIDENTS ONLY.
Valid for How Long
Wyoming concealed firearm permit is valid for 5 years
Shall Issue State
The state of Wyoming is a unrestricted and shall issue state. Shall issue is used for reciprocity.
Is the state of Wyoming an Open Carry State?
Can I open carry in the state of Wyoming?
Yes you can open carry in Wyoming without a permit.
How long does it take to get a firearm permit in the state of Wyoming?
In Wyoming the Concealed firearm permit application must be processed within 90 days .
Wyoming Concealed Firearm Permit Requirements
-To apply for a permit in Wyoming you must be at least 21 years of age.
- Resident of Wyoming for not less than six months
- Does not suffer from physical infirmity which prevents safe handling of a firearm
- Demonstrates familiarity with a firearm
- Does not chronically or habitually use alcoholic liquor and malt beverages to the extent that his normal faculties are impaired
- Is not currently adjudicated to be legally incompetent
- Has not been committed to a mental institution
Can I carry a gun in my car in the state of Wyoming?
Yes. Without a permit or license any person who can legally possess a firearm is allowed to carry a loaded handgun inside a vehicle as long as it is not concealed on your person and is visible. Wyoming residents who can legally own a firearm can carry it concealed on their person in a vehicle without any type of permit. Non-residents must have a permit/license from a state that has reciprocity with Wyoming to carry a concealed firearm in the vehicle.
You can not apply for a concealed firearm permit if you:
- have not been a resident for a minimum of 6 months.
- Are currently adjudicated to be legally incompetent; andHave been committed to a mental institution.
- You May not possess a concealed firearm permit if you :
- Are a Felon
- Are a Fugitive from justice.
- Are An Unlawful user of any controlled substance including Marijuana (medicinal or not).
- Are An Illegal alien
- have been discharged with a dishonorable discharge from the military.
- have renounced you US citizenship.
- you are subject to court order restraining the person.
- have been convicted of a misdeamor crime of domestic violence.
- The division may deny a permit if the applicant has been found guilty of or has pled nolo contendere to one (1) or more crimes of violence constituting a misdemeanor offense within the three (3) year period prior to the date on which the application is submitted or may revoke a permit if the permittee has been found guilty of or has pled nolo contendere to one (1) or more crimes of violence constituting a misdemeanor offense within the preceding three (3) years.
Where to Apply for Wyoming Concealed Firearm Permit?
Application forms can be obtained at any Wyoming sheriff’s office and they are also available online. Upon completion, the application MUST be submitted to the sheriff’s office in your Wyoming county of residence.
Wyoming Conceal Carry Laws
Notify officer of Carry
It is not required to voluntarily notify an officer of carrying a firearm.
In Wyoming, Can you Conceal Carry in bar? Conceal Carry In Liquor establishments?No you may not conceal carry in a bar or restaurant. You can open carry in a bar or restaurant.
Not allowed to carry in these areasIn Wyoming state these places are off limits to carry:
- No permit issued pursuant to Wyoming law or any permit issued from any other state shall authorize any person to carry a concealed firearm into:
- Any facility used primarily for law enforcement operations or administration without the written consent of the chief administrator;
- Any detention facility, prison or jail;
- Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in the courtroom;
- Any meeting of a governmental entity;
- Any meeting of the legislature or a committee thereof;
- Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
- Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic liquor and malt beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;
- Any elementary or secondary school facility;
- Any college or university facility without the written consent of the security service of the college or university; or
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law or regulation or state law.
Link to Washington State Gun Laws
Carry in RestaurantNo you may not conceal in a restaurant, but you can open carry in a restaurant.
Carry in State ParksPlaces allowed to carry in Wyoming
- State parks
- State and National forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state, except those listed as Off-limits.
Premises that have Rules that state no firearms allowed:There is no law prohibiting guns in places posted NO GUNS. Failure to leave or disarm when requested to do so would be a trespassing violation.
Wyoming Conceal Firearm Permit Application Forms