Maine Concealed Pistol License Reciprocity Map
Everything about Maine, Permits, and Conceal Carrying a Weapon Below.
Maine CCW Reciprocity State Info
Maine Reciprocity, Maine Honors these permits:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wyoming
Maine will only honor resident permit/licenses from all the states they recognize.
Maine Concealed Weapons Permits are honored in These States:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.
Michigan only recognizes Washington resident permits, not non-resident.
No Permit Needed States
The following states have permitless carry which allows anyone that can legally possess a firearm carry conceal: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont and West Virginia. Some restrictions may apply. Check each state for its own restrictions.
No Permit Carry Needed, With Restrictions
Idaho, North Dakota, and Wyoming Residents are allowed to Concealed Carry without a permit.
Maine Conceal Carry Permits not Honored in these states:
NOT Honored by These States:
California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia,
Maine Conceal Carry Permit Information
You can not apply for a concealed pistol license if you;
- You are not at least 18 years old.
- You are prohibited by state law from possessing a firearm.
- Can not demonstrate to the issuing authority a knowledge of handgun safety.
- You are not of good moral character. The issuing authority will make this determination based on past evidence recorded through government entities within the last five years.
- Have been convicted in a Maine court of a violation of Possession of firearms in an establishment licensed for on premises consumption of liquor within the past 5 years.
- You have you been the subject of an investigation by any law enforcement agency within the past 5 years regarding the alleged abuse by you of family or household members
- You have you been convicted in any jurisdiction within the past 5 years of 3 or more crimes punishable by a term of imprisonment of less than one year or of crimes classified under the laws of a state as a misdemeanor and punishable by a term of imprisonment of 2 years or less.
- You have engaged within the past 5 years in reckless or negligent conduct that has been the subject of an investigation by a governmental entity.
- You have been convicted in a Maine court within the past 5 years of any drug crime.
- Federal Law –Applies
Where to Apply for a Maine Conceal Permit License
- To apply for a permit/license in Maine, you must read the CCW pamphlet entitled Laws Relating to Permits to Carry Concealed Firearms.
- Download the application from under the FORMS tab.
- Complete and return the following;
- An application for a concealed carry permit.
- Two Authority to Release Information forms.
- Fee of $35 fee for a new applicants or a $20 renewal fee for a renewal application made payable to the Treasurer, State of Maine.
- Any necessary copies of CCW permits issued by other states or municipalities within Maine.
- A valid copy of the DD-214 form for members of the Armed Forces.
- A valid copy of a birth certificate or INS document.
- One color passport photograph at 2″ x 2″.
- Proof of knowledge of handgun safety.
- Mail your application to the state police or take to your local police station.
- You will be notified within 30 days by mail if your application has been approved or denied.
If you are in a survival situation, one of the most valuable tools to have on you would be a survival knife. These handy tools can literally mean the difference between life and death. You should make a habit of having access your survival knife at all times. You never know when you may need…
How to Mount a Scope – a Guide from the Expert If you are a hunter, knowing how to mount a scope is paramount. It can also save you some money because you will not have to take your rifle to a gunsmith to do the job for…
You probably searched for something like What is the Best Holster for J Frame Review in 2020 If that is how you ended up here then you are in the right place. But all things considered, there is no one holster fits all. Below we have listed some really good choices in different…
Source There are several important characteristics to look for when choosing a self-defense handgun. The firearm must be chambered in a cartridge powerful enough to reliably stop an assailant. The firearm must fit comfortably in the hands of an average woman. While smaller firearms are easier to carry and conceal, they are generally not as…