Kansas Concealed Pistol License Reciprocity Map
All about Kansas, Permits, and Conceal Carrying a Weapon Below.
Kansas CCW Reciprocity State Info
Kansas Reciprocity, Kansas Honors these permits:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Kansas Concealed Weapons Permits are honored in These States:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Permit Needed States
The following states have permitless carry which allows anyone that can legally possess a firearm carry conceal: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont and West Virginia. Some restrictions may apply. Check each state for its own restrictions.
No Permit Carry Needed, With Restrictions
Idaho, North Dakota, and Wyoming Residents are allowed to Concealed Carry without a permit.
Kansas Conceal Carry Permits not Honored in these states:
NOT Honored by These States: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington DC, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island
Kansas Conceal Carry Permit Information
Where to Apply for Kansas Conceal Permit License and steps to apply
Concealed carry permits/licenses are issued by the Attorney General.
Applications are submitted to the sheriff of the county you live in.
Follow these steps to obtain a permit
- Complete a training course on firearms.
- Download and read the Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act from under the FORMS tab.
- Download the application under the FORMS tab.
- You will need the following documents;
- Completed application form
- Photocopy of certificate showing completion of training course
- A 2”x2” passport-style color photograph taken within the last 30 days
- A photocopy of your Kansas driver’s license or Kansas identification card
- Two checks, one for $100 (payable to Kansas Attorney General) and the other $32 (payable to the county sheriff)
- Personally submit the completed application with photo, training certificate and checks to the sheriff in the county of residence.
- The county sheriff will collect the fees, fingerprint the applicant, have the applicant sign a record check waiver and statement and forward the entire packet to the AG’s Office for processing.
- You will be notified by mail if your application has been approved.
Whether you are lost in the woods, broken down in the desert, or have found yourself in a disaster situation, staying safe or finding food may prove difficult without a proper firearm. You never know what could go wrong, and different survival situations call for different styles of weapons. Here is a list of five…
How to Mount a Scope – a Guide from the Expert If you are a hunter, knowing how to mount a scope is paramount. It can also save you some money because you will not have to take your rifle to a gunsmith to do the job for…
Types of Holsters Holsters are a great way of safely and comfortably carrying a weapon. But there are a lot of different types out there, with dozens of brands. How can you find the right holster for you? Here, we’ll guide you through all of the major types of holsters and help you…
We tried out several different Ruger SR9C IWB holsters and came up with this list of the 10 best Ruger SR9C holsters for sale. We prefer inside the waistband (IWB) holsters because they hold your gun securely, are easily concealable and highly comfortable. The Ruger SR9c is a great concealed carry weapon and it’s an amazing concealed…