Arkansas Concealed Pistol License Reciprocity Map
All about Arkansas, Permits, and Conceal Carrying a Weapon Below.
Arkansas CCW Reciprocity State Info
Arkansas Reciprocity, AR. Honors these permits:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, , Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, WyomingDistricts & Territories
District of Columbia, New York City, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands
Arkansas Concealed Weapons Permits are honored in These States:RESIDENTS
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming NON-RESIDENTS
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Permit Needed States
The following states have permitless carry which allows anyone that can legally possess a firearm carry conceal: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont and West Virginia. Some restrictions may apply. Check each state for its own restrictions.
No Permit Carry Needed, With Restrictions
Idaho, North Dakota, and Wyoming Residents are allowed to Concealed Carry without a permit.
Arkansas Conceal Carry Permits not Honored in these states:
NOT Honored by These States: California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Rhode Island Washington.
Arkansas Conceal Carry Permit Information
Arkansas Application Fee
New Permits:Mailed In $137 unless you are 65 years or older then it is $87
Online Application $142.11 unless you are 65 years or older then it is $90.61
Renewal $62.80 late renewal $78,25 if expired less than six monthsAccepted forms of payment
Credit card and E-checks NOTE
There is a $15 late fee for renewals if the license has expired and there is no fee discount based on age for renewals.
Residents & Non Residents
Arkansas gun laws allow concealed carry permits to be issued to residents only.
No permit is required when you are “on a journey” beyond your county of residence. However, there is still some confusion regarding this law and it will need to be firured out by the courts. Training and background checks are required for new permit applications. Open carry is permitted in some counties.
Valid for How Long
Arkansas concealed carry permit is valid for 5 years
Shall Issue State
Arkansas is a shall–issue state with concealed weapons permits being issued at the state level by the Department of Public Safety. … Concealed carry is legal without a license for anyone that is over 18 and on “a journey beyond the county in which the person lives.”Feb 20, 2019
Is Arkansas an Open Carry State?
Oklahoma. On February 27, 2019, Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt signed House Bill 2597, which will allow residents and non residents 21+ or 18+ and in the military to openly or concealed carry without a permit.
How long does it take to get a concealed weapons permit in Arkansas120 Days
The application for a concealed carry permit/license must be processed within 120 days of the application being received.
Arakansas Concealed Permit Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age or;
- 18 years if a member of the US Armed Forces or National Guard.
- Have been a resident of Arkansas for the last 90 days.
- Have read the Arkansas concealed carry law.
- You are a US citizen or legal resident.
- You have completed an approved firearms training class.
- Have not within the last five (5) years been convicted of the offense of carrying a weapon.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
Can I carry a gun in my car in ArkansasWithout a Permit/License
If you do not have a permit handguns must be unloaded and placed in a case. Placing a gun in a glove compartment is illegal. The Attorney General has stated that Permit less carry either open or concealed while in a vehicle while on a journey is legal in Arkansas. But that is not the current law only his opinion. The law is a bit confusing as it states you need a permit to carry in your home county. However, if you are on a journey outside your home county you do not need a permit. There is a case currently moving through the courts that will clarify this matter.
Where to Apply for Arkansas Conceal Permit License and steps to take.
Follow these steps to obtain a permit;
Online applications are preferred
- Take the CHCL firearms safety class.
- Within six months of finishing your firearms course apply online.
- Write your confirmation number (order ID) on your training certificate.
- Visit your local law enforcement agency to have your fingerprints taken.
- As soon as possible after your online application, submit a full set of fingerprints and a certificate of training. Include a check or money order for the fee made payable to “Arkansas State Police”.
- Mail your Fingerprint cards and training page to;
1 State Plaza Drive,
Little Rock, AR 72209
- You will be notified by mail if your application has been approved.
If you do not want to submit an application online the printed application is available in the forms section.
Arkansas Conceal Carry Laws
Notify officer of Carry
YES – Must Inform Officer on Contact By Law
Arkansas gun laws state that you must inform a law enforcement officer you have a firearm when approached on official business.
In Arkansas Can you Conceal Carry in bar? Conceal Carry In Liquor establishments?Enhanced permit holders are legally allowed to carry a concealed handgun in a bar,
Not allowed to carry in these areas
- Any police, sheriff or Arkansas State Police office.
- Arkansas Highway Police facility.
- Detention facility, prison or jail.
- Courthouse or courtroom.
- Any polling place.
- Meeting place of any government entity.
- Meeting place of any session of the Arkansas General Assembly or committee of the General Assembly.
- Any athletic event not related to firearms competition in which the license holder is participating.
- Any part or section of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, except a restaurant.
- Any part of section of an establishment in which alcohol is consumed on the premises, except a restaurant.
- Any school, college, community college, or university campus building or school/college event unless the event is for the purpose of participating in an authorized firearms related activity.
- Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, unless the handgun is encased for shipment by lawful transportation.
- Any church or other place of worship.
- Any place where a property owner or manager has exercised discretion to prohibit the possession of a firearm.
- Participating in a parade or demonstration for which a permit is required.
- At a private residence without having first advised the occupants that the license holder is carrying a concealed weapon and given the permission to carry the handgun.
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Oct 18, 2018 – Home » 2nd Amendment » Constitutional Carry Upheld in Arkansas … recognizing and upholding the validity of open carry or concealed carry of a firearm without a license/permit inArkansas. … December 1, 2018 at 8:15 pm.
Carry in RestaurantYes, but be careful not to walk through prohibited areas such as the bar or on your way to the bathroom.
Carry in State Parks
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Premises that have Rules that state no firearms allowed:YES
Arkansas gun laws give the force of law to “No Weapons” signs. There are legal penalties for entering a private property or business that has posted these signs.
Arkansas Conceal Carry Application Forms
- CHCL Application, Renewal & Transfer
- CHCL Change of Name or Address
- CHCL Lost or Destroyed Replacement
- CHCL Online Application Instructions
- CHCL Renewal Instructions
- State Information on CHCL license